One of the long-standing gems of The Roeper School is our summer camp programs. Our founders, George and Annemarie Roeper, understood that summer activities provided students with the opportunity to engage in new interests, spend time with friends, and enrich their learning opportunities. This was a concept George and Annemarie brought with them from Marienau when they emigrated to the United States. Camp was a time to change the pace of the school year and to try new things.
The global pandemic has pushed us to reimagine how to engage children in summer learning and fun opportunities for challenge and engagement. We know the pace of summer must be different ,yet it must also provide our students opportunities to strengthen skills and explore new interests.
As we shift our Summer Programs to an online platform, we offer a series of academic and enrichment classes designed to engage children in interesting activities, to minimize summer slump, and to allow students to extend themselves academically.
Roeper Summer Programs Online offers two, three, four, and six-week programs covering a broad range of subject areas: math, language arts, theatre, art, forensics, and more. Classes are offered for students in preK through grade 11. Class sizes consist of 10-12 students led by qualified professionals and experts in their field. Small class sizes promote an active, engaging environment in which relationships can be fostered between teachers and students and amongst fellow students. Classes meet online 3-5 times per week, depending on the subject and session length and last about 1 hour per meeting.
Free, fun online camp activities will be offered throughout the summer, so check our website often.
Currently registered camp families will not automatically be registered for online classes. All current registrations will be cancelled.
Students who register for multiple sessions will receive an additional 5% discount on the additional classes.
We look forward to seeing you at camp online.
What happens to funds already paid for in-person 2020 Camps that were cancelled:
ALL REQUESTS MUST BE ON THE REFUND FORM we cannot accept email requests at this point.
For families who are currently enrolled for camp, you have three options for refunds - select one of the options:
- Enroll in the Roeper Summer Programs Online and your payment will be applied to the program, any overpayments will be refunded.
- Apply your 2020 payments to the 2021 Summer Camp Program. This will guarantee your child a slot in camp next summer.
- Should you change your mind in 2021, the payment is still refundable up to the cancellation deadline in 2021.
- You may select any session for 2021; it does not have to be the same session as for 2020.
- Receive a refund check for cancelled programs. The Roeper Summer Programs office will make every effort to process refunds within 30 days after receipt of Refund Form. Please be patient. To process your payment return, please go to the camp registration website and complete the Refund Form.
To view the refund form, login to your account, then select View My Registrations selecting the appropriate 2020 session and camper, click view details and the refund form is listed in the Forms column on the right. You will need to complete separate forms for Day Camp, Summer Stock Theatre and Specialty Camps.
Please contact the camp office if you have any questions firstname.lastname@example.org